Climate Change Trust Fund (CCTF)

BCCTF is a block budgetary allocation in the form of an endowment by the Government. It has been established with the revenue budget to support implementation of BCCSAP 2009.

Allocation for BCCTF
Since 2009-10 up to the current 2016-17 fiscal year, a total of BDT 3100 (three thousand) crore Taka has been allocated to BCCTF.
 

Sl no.

Fiscal Year

Allocated Amount

(in crore Taka)

1.

2009-2010

700.00

2.

2010-2011

700.00

3.

2011-2012

700.00

4.

2012-2013

400.00

5.

2013-2014

200.00

6.

2014-2015

200.00

7.

2015-2016

100.00

8.

2016-2017

100.00

 

Use of Allocated Fund

 

  • The Government allocated BDT 3100 crore (US$ 400 million approximately) to CCTF during the last seven fiscal years. As per Climate Change Trust Act, 2010, a maximum of 66% of the allocated amount as well as the interests accrued on the remaining 34% kept as fixed deposit can be allocated to CCTF projects.

    Since 2009-10 up to the current 2016-17 fiscal year, a total of 3100 (Three thousand one hundred) crore taka has been allocated to Bangladesh Climate Change Trust Fund. As of December 2016, 472 projects have been undertaken with an estimated cost of approximately 2630.48 crore taka. As of December 2016, 191 (Govt.134 and NGO-57) projects have been completed.